Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Resume writing anyone?












Today was a pretty exciting day. I wasn't sure how it was all going to turn out which is always the case. So I had a Resume Workshop planned for today that I worked out with the Unemployment Center here in my town. We have had it on the schedule for something like 3 weeks or so maybe longer. Yesterday she calls me to tell me that there will be at least 47 people coming. WHAT?!?!! Wow I was expecting maybe 25! So apparently at the Unemployment Center they don't mess around. And if you say you are going to come and you don't you have to deal with the consequences. I am not sure what that is but considering that 52 people came to my seminar today I am thinking the consequences are pretty hefty!

So I tried to maintain my cool after she told me the happy news! I wasn't prepared for such a big group. Let's be honest I am not prepared for any group! But I stuck to my plan of making this an interactive resume workshop and I went in there and did what I planned to do and fortunately for me all went incredibly well! I also had the other volunteers come from my city. So all in all there were 58 people in the room including myself. Thankfully we had a BIG room. With a nice projector no less! AND THANK YOU LUDA! My translator is AWESOME! Couldn't do all of this without her.

So one notch on my belt! I have successfully completed one project in Konotop. Now the cobwebs are clear and I can begin to do some real work hopefully. I plan to continue my resume/career development seminars as this one was a big hit and try to elaborate a little bit on them. Should you have any suggestions for me please don't hesitate.

I think the other Americans enjoyed it as well. They got a chance to meet Alla, the woman I work with at the center, to see that she doesn't mess around. She knows just about everyone and everything and she knows how to make it happen! Kind of like me only she knows the language really well!!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment