Thursday, September 23, 2010

Английский клуб



So Tuesday was my first English club. I am partnering with Jud because I am no English teacher. So I asked him for help and he is helping me. I am not interesting in multiple English clubs especially beginner English. This was Jud's English club anyway so I am unsure why it was so important to change it to me. Although I did get a better showing. 22 people came to the club. If all it takes is to change the volunteer to get people motivated than I am game but I would prefer Jud to continue teaching. There are so many project ideas I now have for my city and none of them involve English clubs.


I have been meeting a lot of contacts in Ukraine and I am very excited about it that might be able to help me with some project ideas I now have! I tracked down this woman who lives and works in Donetsk at a library and she is visually impaired. Another volunteer helped her with a project to bring new computers with visually impaired software to Donetsk and this is something I would really like to bring to Konotop. I will be traveling the east side of Ukraine in the month of October if everything goes well. I still have many contacts that I was introduced to in Kiev. Things might be working out!! Atleast I have some direction now at my site. I have a bunch of ideas! Yey!!
Off to Kiev again this weekend. It is the special needs working group. I am looking forward to it because we will meet with Ella again from East Europe Foundation. It will hopefully be another successful trip to Kiev! Networking!!











1 comment:

  1. ill be in kiev this weekend too. let's see if we can't meet up.

    ReplyDelete