Sunday, September 12, 2010

Especially for him...

I have heard some awful news this weekend. A very dear friend here in Konotop may have cancer. He is 70 years old and he knows everyone and everything in this city and he really cares about his people here. He was very much an active person when I first arrived and over the last few weeks he has gotten weaker and weaker. I barely see him in town. Last week I found out that he was in the hospital and over the weekend I stumbled upon him there sitting outside enjoying the sunlight. I talked to him for quite a while and he told me some of the things that were going on. I was so sad I almost started to cry. I have only known him a short time but he is a very important person in my life here. I will pray for him that he can recover but I certainly do not want him to suffer in any way. I will be truly sad. Keep him in your thoughts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment