Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This Just In: ATM Eats American's Money...

When you are at the ATM and your money comes out GRAB IT! Don't stand around messing with your wallet. Well I did that and guess what...ATM Ate My Money!!! So I am hanging out for a few days until I can get it back. You would think I would be mad about this thing but after the first 5 minutes I couldn't do anything but laugh. I went to the bank to see how I could handle this situation and they were on break...for another 1/2 hour. GREAT. I needed to grab my counterpart so she could help me with the bank attendant as that conversation was going to be really difficult.

Tonight I went to the Ukrainian version of a home interior party. AMWAY is a big thing over here. I didn't mess with it much in USA because it was too expensive well it isn't cheap here either. It was a good time though. We watched a presentation with food and then we got to eat it and that is always fun. It was all in Russian and I understood some of what was going on.

Things are a little bumpy with the blind project. Just when you think you have all the answers reality comes in. But we had a strong meeting today and I think things have turned around for the better. I knew this would be hard. I have never written a grant nor have I helped an NGO improve their organization and this organization has never written a grant so it is kind of like the blind leading the blind! I really want something to work out. And I know that they are encouraged to do something as well we will just have to keep working at what that something is.

Heading to a town called Ujgorod this weekend. For a little rest and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment