Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rememberance...

Today I, other PCVs, my city, his family and so many other people lost a great man! Gregory, whom I've talked about many times and blogged about a few weeks ago passed away today. He was one of the first people I met in this city and he was so welcoming and helpful and knew everyone and everything about this city and so many other things. I loved hearing about history and war from him as he was a survivor. He always had so much to tell. He introduced me to the Jewish Center here in Konotop and the lovely ladies that I used to visit on Thursday's. A part of Konotop will be missing from now on. I only knew the man a short time and for the last few weeks he has been in the hospital and I haven't been able to talk to him or see him around and I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I know his grandson well too and I feel as though I lost a grandfather today.

I will pray for his family. His wife, his daughter and his grandson you are in my thoughts and prayers always. Gregory was a great friend and will truly be missed!

1 comment: