Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just chillin....

I don't have much to report this week. Things are starting to slow down a little. Which is nice! I have been moving so much I feel disconnected. I am still traveling the next few weekends but then I should be here for... well...hmmm one weekend! Oy. Thinking about Thanksgiving in Lugansk. All of my cluster mates and several of my fellow volunteers from my group will be there. It seems silly not to go. It is a long trip but I miss my East Side friends and there might not be many opportunities to visit them.

This weekend is Halloween in Kharkiv. Many PCVs will be there. I just hope it doesn't get too out of hand. I need to have a little fun considering I haven't acted up since Odessa but I am not interested in "too" crazy. I am excited to see Kharkiv! I hear it is a gorgeous city. And I love the East because its like Russian Language Heaven for me. I can understand people! There are 10 of use heading to Kharkiv from Konotop so the train ride will be a good time. Let's just hope we get some sleep. It is only a 6 hour trip and we are going over night to get there at the ripe ol time of 5am! Oy!

I taught English class this week for the first time by myself. Jud had been helping me to date. I think I sucked but my students (only 8 this week) said I did fine. I am not a teacher that is for sure. I will try to step it up a bit in the future. Planning lessons is a lot of work!

This week has been filled with three days of tutoring, three days of English class/club and a meeting at the blind center. Just that and I am exhausted! Next week I will visit Internaut, which is a school system for orphan children and children with special needs. I am working on a human trafficking project with the schools in my town, I am trying to do this project with the Blind. I am still trying to figure out where I fit in in this town! And trying to figure out this "PC Volunteer" thing. WE will see how it all works out!

Well I should have something to tell you next week. Enjoy your weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment